The mission of Saint Agnes School is first to the children of registered and active Catholic parishioners of the parish. Active parish membership is demonstrated by regular attendance at Sunday liturgy, a pattern of participation in parish religious, social, and outreach programs, and through regular tithing. Priority admission is given to children who are baptized Catholic and sacramentally current and whose families have completed their yearly stewardship intention card by the stated annual deadline.
In the event that there are more priority admission applicants than the school is able to accommodate, acceptance will be based on a combination of factors. Criteria for priority admission include:
- Children whose siblings are already attending Saint Agnes School
- Children whose families have been registered, active, members of the parish the longest
- Children whose families fulfill their stewardship intentions through regular attendance at Sunday liturgy, participate in parish religious, social, and outreach programs, and who tithe regularly
While our community is a welcoming one, we sometimes need to follow these additional admissions guidelines. Priority is given to Catholic children of Catholic families who are registered, active members of a parish without a school or regional school. Priority is also given to Catholic families who transfer by moving into the Louisville area and who become active members of Saint Agnes Parish. Next considered are inactive Catholic families with Catholic children who want to become active members of Saint Agnes Parish. Also considered are families of other faith traditions who seek a faith-based education for their children at Saint Agnes School.
Other items to note:
- Acceptance of students is based on the ability of the school to meet the individual needs of the prospective students while still meeting the needs of current students
- Priority enrollment is open from Sept. 15 – Jan.15 each year. Kindergarten and Pre-Kindergarten applications received by January 15 are given priority consideration.
- Active Catholic families must be registered and active members of a Catholic parish for at least three full months before the first day of school in order to receive the Active Catholic Family tuition rate (see tuition page of school handbook).
September 16 Priority enrollment begins for Saint Agnes School
October 22 Open House for prospective families taking place 9:00-11:00 a.m. and 5:30-7:30 p.m.
November 17 Open House for prospective families taking place from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Quarterly New Members’ Meetings Families interested in joining Saint Agnes Parish should call the parish secretary at 502-451-2220 to sign up. The next scheduled New Members’ Meeting will be held Wednesday, November 6th at 6:30 p.m. in Aloysius Hall.
December 15 FACTS Management financial assistance applications available
January 15 Kindergarten and Pre-Kindergarten applications for priority consideration for the coming school year must be received
February 1 After February 1st, prospective Kindergarten and Pre-Kindergarten families will receive notification regarding enrollment status (acceptance or wait-list)
February 27 Financial Assistance applications must be filed with FACTS Management
Mid May Families receive notification regarding Financial Assistance
*Please note that Financial Assistance received through the FACTS application and award process is based on demonstrated need and is for Catholic school tuition costs only